Re: [Epic] signing off...

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lcanapic_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 14:17:34 +0100

Richard Dewsbery wrote:

> Peter Ramos wrote:
> > Well, e40k is out next week, so if you like it, enjoy!
>
> It's out now in the UK. And I do (enjoy it). IMHO, it's far superior
> to the old system.

..will be out ... maybe next year in Italy!!!!! (I'm optimist)
GW still use its "cunning" marketing strategy, at the moment they
distribute
in Italy only Italian-translated stuff: WHFB basic box, Space Hulk basic
box
WK40k Basic box (maybe thos month), so:

You can't play nothing else as your first GW game.
As an old player you can find _only_ unsold stock stuff of the other
game systems.
It's three months that you can't find WD or the CJ (they aren't yet
translated of course!).

an example:
want you play WHFB? well you can choos _only_ breton. or lizards (no
other armies spare boxes yet)
same for WH40K of course!!!

What about epic40k? .... "what's Epic40K???????"

ah! I simply love GW way style!!!!!!!!!!!!

> > As for me I
> > believe its time to leave your graciuos company and dedicate my full
> > attention to what I believe "epic" is.
>
> Please, don't tell me you actually enjoy the old system? :-p

me too actually enjoy the _only_ system I know! and I still play it with
all my friends, and believe me it's not a so bad system as long as you
can find a decent opponent.

> > Then again "epic" is what you
> > make of it-and that is as varied as the people themselves.
>
> As you say, at the end of the day it's a matter of personal choice. I
> beleive the majority of people will prefer the new system - it's simpler
> and more _realistic_, but there will be adherents to the older rules,
> which will survive for as long as people are able to find opponents.

it's not a problem for me or for other Italian players given that this
is
the _ONLY_ epic system in our country, <SARCASM>do some of the good old
epic player
plan to move here in Italy???? "Let's come in Italy, lot of Epic
players,
lot of fun, good meal and beautiful girls"</SARCASM>

> > Best of Luck to all!
> > Peter

Good bye Peter sad that you leave, but there's something in what you
says,
I agree with you.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi