[Epic] Re: Jervis speaks

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:56:14 +0800

I came across this on the 40k list.

Regards
Oki

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 18:10:12 +0000
From: jervisj_at_... (Jervis Johnson)
To: 40k-list_at_...
Subject: P: Epic 40K

Hello all,
Gary James kindly sent me a copy of his email to the list about his visit
to the factory, and I'd just like to underline his comments on Epic 40,000.
To say that I'm proud of Epic 40K is an understatement. In my opinion it
is, quite simply, the best thing I've ever done, and I'm even happier about
the way Epic has turned out than I was with 3rd edition Blood Bowl and the
more recent Codex Chaos (which were my previous number 1 and number 2, now
knocked down to 2 & 3 respectively). I know that Andy C feels exactly the
same way.
The reason we like the game so much is that it provides great depth and
subtlety of game play without bogging down in tedious and pointless detail.
I'm not going to say much more than this, other than to urge you to _try_
the game and give it a fair crack of the whip - until you've played it you
won't really appreciate just how good a game it is.
PS. Paul Sawyer tells me that CJ20 will include Gavin and Andy's Squat and
Imperial/Eldar Knight Epic army lists, along with some other 'Director's
Cut' Epic rules from the Epic 40K design team.
jervisj_at_...