Re: [Epic] signing off...

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 04:00:45 -0500 (EST)

Lee Scott <scottl_at_...> writes:

> > > Yeah, it's kind of disturbing. A lot of people will be
> > >playing E40k rather than Epic, and the NetEpic ML never started up, so
> > >I don't know how much is going to be left to talk about.
> >
> > I'm still around, though as I'm not planning on playing Epic40k as I've
> > sworn to myself never to give GW any profits again (I might play it if I
> > can get it second hand someday), I'm thinking about unsubscribing from the
> > list as well. Still, I'm probably not gonna go until I find a way to get
> > rid of this extra Chaos army of mine, and to get a Reaver Titan to finish
> > my battlegroup with.
>
> I'm going to give the new game a try. I was able to trade some old
> Magic:TG in to the local store for the new game,

        Wow. Lucky... I sold my cards (again) and bought 32 MB of
RAM a few months back. I'm going to try the new game too, but
everything I've heard sounds unpleasant except for a few of the things
Richard mentions as being more "realistic". Haven't read them
thoroughly, but each new realistic element probably creates new
improbable scenarios as well.

> so I guess I'll be able
> to give it a try this weekend. I'm reluctant to sign off from this
> mailing list at least until I've seen the new game, as too many of the
> people on this list are planning on playing the old SM/TL forever.

        Really? I'd stick around. I think it's just a few loud
people like me that are going to stick with Epic a while longer. And
even out gaming group is at least going to buy the rules and give it a
shot before flaming GW repeatedly on rgmw. (I get bored, and it's a
good venting area. Leave me alone. :)

> Maybe
> there someone out there will need to set up a mailing list for E40K if so
> many people feel the same way. Guess most of us will see here in the next
> week/month.

        Well, I think of this list as the Epic ML. I'm happy to
listen to E40k stuff, but that's hardly the only version of Epic I'm
likely to be playing for a while, unless it becomes heavily house
ruled... (The existence of Squats being the first of them)

Mark