RE: [Epic] Epic 40K Facts - Pop-up Quote

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 97 08:16:00 EST

>Skimmers are units which are propelled by jet engines, wings, or
>anti-gravity devices. Normally they hover just above ground level but
>they are capable of boosting their height sufficiently to clear trees,
>buildings or other terrain.
>
>A skimmer unit may ignore terrain when it moves, but if it starts or
>ends its move in dangerous terrain it must still take a dangerous
>terrain test. A skimmer may also 'pop up' in the shooting phase, rising
>above any blocking terrain so that it can trace a line of fire over it
>when it shoots. A skimmer which has poped up may also be shot a
>ignoring any intervening terrain. A popped up skimmer returns to ground
>level at the end of the shooting phase.
>
>[ Page 38 ]

(assuming this is a quote from Epic40K)
Well, I'd have to say that this does sound like the old
rule of ignoring terrain, and not Paul's interpretation
of popping up just high enough to see beyond what you're
hiding behind. Time to try to negotiate a set height for
pop-ups again.

andy
andy.skinner_at_...