Re: [Epic] Realism in Wargames

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:16:30 -0600

At 11:02 AM 3/31/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>And you would take control of the government how? I don't think orbital
>>rail guns would do very well against Joe Guerilla.
>>
>>Temp
>
>Most of the battles in Epic 40k arn't simmulating Low Intesity Conflicts.
>They are full scale planetry assults. Joe guerilla ain't got Titians, damn
>few tanks and artillery pieces, wich are very vunrable if they ever came
>out into the open. And since a tank burried under a hill in the middle of
>nowhere isn't going to hurt anyone.....

Well, yeah. But I was responding to the fact that orbital bombardment
simply won't subjugate a planet single-handedly.

I think most of the "realism" arguments really center around modern warfare,
which the combat system is based on, rather than the background fluff, which
is largely considered worthless from a game mechanic perspective.

Temp