Re: [Epic] Ork Army Construction

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 10:52:49 +0100

Adam R Blitzer wrote:

> I do not have Epic 40k yet and was wondering how ork armies will be
> constructed in the game. Do they still have clans with five support cards
> etc?

No. You build as many or as few detachments as you wish, choosing from
a standard "menu."

Like "Ork Warband"

1 warboss - 40pts
up to 1 weirdboy psyker - 20 pts
(transport for the above available atextra cost)

Main Force - choose up to 10 mobs from the following list -
boyz mob - 1-4 stands at 9pts ea.
(extra pts to upgrade all units in a mob to shooty boyz, nobz etc)
up to 1 stormboyz corps - 1-4 stands at 12pts ea.
up to 1 kommandos mob - 1-4 stands at 12pts ea.
etc

for each mob you have in your main force, you can pick a mob from the
"support" menu.
eg. battlewaggons mob - 1-3 battlewaggons
big gunz mob - 1 or 2 big gunz or pulsa rockets
stompa etc

There are other detachment types available - eg the Kult of Speed.

Now you can make the detachments pretty much however you want them.

Richard