Re: [Epic] Eldar tactics

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 23:47:59 -0500 (EST)

Spatula <shupes_at_...> writes:
> > From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
> >
> > > Eldar Titans against Tyranids? Any titan is a bad choice
> > >against them, but the eldar titans are the worst. Are your bug
> > >opponents foolish or do they just roll extremely poorly?
> >
> > I try to keep my Titans at a stand-offish distance (of course :P) from the
> > bugs. Bug artillery is virtually nonexistant, and the one time my bug
> > opponent tried letting down his warp field for a turn to ice my Titan with
> > the warp blast (which missed anyways), I pounded that Dominatrix so hard
> > that he's never tried it again. Is this what kills most Eldar Titans, or
> > am I missing something here?
>
> Well, I guess if you're taking dual pulsars/dual laswings
> it's a different story although even so they both only have save
> mods of -2... the Dom would still save 2/3 of the hits you get. And
> there's still the matter of being able to target the Dom (no carnifexes,
> etc closer to the titan) and surviving whatever came down in the
> spore drop(s).

You also forget that the Dom can stay out of range of most Lascannon
Wings, and can even stay out of pulsar range for some of the titans if
it isn't deployed directly across the field. I thought it didn't even
need LOS and had infinite range for the barrage? (Don't play
Tyranids)

Are Trygons the units that can shield Doms? Your opponent is clearly
not taking enough of them if you can shoot kill the Dom on turn 1 when
half your stuff isn't even in range, and you have managed to draw his
regeneration card out.

And though they don't hit often, there are the Hive Mind psychic
barrage cards... yuck.

Mark