Re: [Epic] Eldar Super Heavies (er I mean War Engines)

From: The Ogre <the.ogre_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 21:43:35 -0700

Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:

> Alright I played my first game of Epic 40k today and I honestly liked it,
> but thats not the point of this.
>
> I used a detachment of Engines of Vaul. 3 Scorpions the ones with the
> pulsar on it.
> No these things absolutley rocked the whole game. Out of a 1000 point game
> those 330 points took out 3 Swadow Swords, 6 Leman russes, 3 Hell hounds,
> and 2 Hydras, and 7 infantry stands, in 4 turns. Now even I think thats
> getting a little to powerfull, and they were my troops! Perhaps I'm not
> understanding this correctly. They each have a pulsar that does d6 anti
> tank shots. That means that for the 3 of them I have 3-18 anti tank shots!!
> When they are on overwatch you can expect them to get about 13 - 15 shots!!
> Am I not undertstaning these things right?
>
> Timothy J. Kilgore
> tkilgore_at_...

Errm, for a definate start you cannot give War Machines orders......
Second, your opponent must have _REALLY_ been screwing up to let so much
die....
And consider this, that you fire LAST in the firing.... Well, last bar
any other warmachines, and provided you don't loose that iniative!
So your opponent would have lots of fun shooting you with his 5's to
hit, and you getting wiped out big style! While you can do nowt about
it!

So, maybe you were playing the rules wrong to a large degree!

Not to mention that none of the engines of vaul are out yet.

>From the battle report, IMO your engines would have been vapourised by
the Shadowswords, unless he was unlucky and stupid at the same time!

Oh well

Laterz