Re: [Epic] terminators E40K

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 00:50:17 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 15-Apr-97 Re: [Epic] terminators E40K by
"oki_at_..."@delt
> Must have got confused. But what does this statement of p35, Rule Book
mean ? >
> "Note that a vehicle with a tough, hard-bitten crew could be a 'Hero' just
> like an infantry squad...."

Well, supreme commanders for the IG can upgrade to Leman Russ tanks,
which *do* gain the "hero" ability.

Similarly, if we ever see that mildly-silly "Kreuger's Heroes" thing in
E40K, I'd lay odds that Kreuger's tank would have the Hero ability.

Basically, the difference (whether or not a vehicle gains an ability)
seems to be in the phrase "upgrade" vs. "mount". If a stand "mounts" a
vehicle, that stand can later dismount; they are not a part of the crew,
and have no effect on the running of that vehicle. If a stand
"upgrades" to a vehicle, however, then they become a part of the crew:
the vehicle gains the stand's special abilities (eg, the IG supreme
commander's Hero & Commander (& Psyker, possibly) when he upgrades to a
Leman Russ, or the Ork Weirdboyz' Psyker when he upgrades to a
Battlewagon) **but** the stand *cannot* leave the vehicle to act on its
own.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...