Re: [Epic] Things I miss in E40K

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 07:30:35 GMT

At 11:54 PM 15/4/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Now, I have never personaly done this, but I do know of a firend ( really
>) who makes mold of miniatures, etc and then pours a resin into the
>molds. I am not exactly sure what he ues, but I sent him some email on
>how he does this. Once I receive back from him, I will send the info to
>anyone who is interested. I have seen some of the things he has made
>molds of and they look pretty cool. The one thing is though that is
>wasn;t any cheaper to make the mini's himself than to buy them, but if
>the minis aren;t available...

Liquid latex is available at about $30 a litre or so, and tghe resin is
about $50 a litre (or $130 for five litres). Now a litre of latex goes a
looooooong way, and a litre of miniatures would be (just guessing...) 2
Impirators (hmmm...) 20 Warlords/Phantoms/Gargants or a hundred tanks...

Molding rhinos, landraiders or falcons might not be economical, but almost
anything else is...

Agro