Re: [Epic] GW Books

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:44:30 PDT

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 22:04:42 +0100 Richard Dewsbery wrote:

<snip>
> Mark A Shieh wrote:
> >
> > sauron1 <sauron1_at_...> writes:
> > > .If you like you can E-mail me privatly. By the way has
any one read
> > > the early pocketbooks by GW covering the Horis Heresy period?
> >
> > What's a pocketbook? Is it anything like a paperback
novel?
> > I've only seen their novels twice. One when Aaron came back from
> > Reading after emptying out a used book store he found, and once on
the
> > warhammer newsgroup about a month ago. (Got every one I could) I
> > don't actually have any 40k universe books, they're all fantasy.
> >
> > Mark
>
> I've got a couple of the old WH40k novels (although one was just a
> collection of short stories). Like the rulebook fluff, only more of
> it. Not too heavy on the plot, though. The anthology was worth a
read
> (where lack of a sustainable plotline didn't really hurt).
>
> I can't remember anything about the Horus Heresy in the books I got.
>
> Richard
If its any use I have a copy of the Space Marine novel. Starting in a
hive called Necromunda (the novel was written quite some time before
the game was released) it gives good background for that setting, for
one of the SM chapters in Space Crusade, includes chaos campaigns and
a reconnaissance into an unidentified threat to the Imperium (which
means you will never look at bugs the same way again).

I also have a copy of Inquisitor which, oddly enough, deals mainly
with the incursions of Chaos (I have since become a founding member of
the Slaanesh Social Club - emblem is an ice-cream cone rampant!).

I've had the big words spelt out to me and coloured in the few
pictures so if anyone wants to read them send me your address.
(Delivery may take up to 28 days while I searchy my cupboards)