Re: [Epic] Commander point values.

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:34:18 -0500

At 04:11 PM 4/17/97 -0500, you wrote:

>The Eldar now have two choices, take a farseer as the detachment HQ, or
>make a unit the HQ for +25 pts.. That is how the example shows it and
>the rules trolls and GWUK agreed with my take on it. Also the SM can
>take a captain as the HQ which costs 25 pts. of upgrade a unit to HQ
>status for +25 pts..

Apparently you weren't around for the original argument. The problem is
that the examples are inconsistent with each other. Both SM and Chaos have
to pay for the captain/warlord AND pay + 25 points (total of 50) to make
them HQs. The Eldar example, however, does not pay 50 for the farseer + 25
to make him an HQ unit. I believe the examples are correct, and the points
in the army list are screwed up, i.e. the farseer should be 25+25, or 50
points total. When Jervis was asked about it he said that the army lists
were right, and the examples were screwed, but that doesn't answer the
question of whether the captains should be 25+25, and the farseer 75 total,
or captains 25 and the farseer 50.

Like I said, I think the mistake is a typo on the farseer points cost. It
should be 50 points total, not 50+25. I have cited numerous units with
similar abilities both within the Eldar force, and in others that are close
in points and abilities to the 50 point farseer.

Temp