Re: [Epic] !!Assault moves?!?!

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:35:40 -0400 (EDT)

"Timothy J. Kilgore" <tkilgore_at_...> writes:
> At 09:13 PM 4/20/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >On page 21 of the rule book it states that inf. may double their move if
> >they come into contact with the enemy. Have ppl been playing with this?
> >
> >i.e. cav and jump packs dont get their triple move unless they go into HtH.

> I want to know where this triple came from. They get thier assualt move
> doubled anyway now if they reach opponent they can double their assualt move
> double double is quadruple not triple..

        It's in the description of Cavalry, on the back cover of the
Armies book, among other places. It says "Double move, triple when
charging in assault phase. So when charging, they appear to triple
movement.
        (There's also the rules lawyer interpretation. You double
movement during assault charges, and then the cavalry says to triple
that, but I'll pack up and leave if anyone tries to move their 'hawks
90cm during the assault phase.)
        So it's either 45cm or 90cm, not 60cm.

Mark