Re: [Epic] Rules questions - weapons

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:19:30 +0100

Thomas Bloom wrote:

> >All right, 2 games later . . .
> >
> >Does anyone have an opinion on any of these questions?
> >
> >1) Do disrupt weaons generate blast markers as heavy weapons do as well as
> >by their special ability? My opinion is yes, as the description uses the
> >phrase "in addition to" in the text.
>
> Thats the way we played it. Seems to work out.

I thought the "in addition to" was to take account of other attacks
against the target by the same shooting detachment, and the Disrupt
weapon only placed blast markers for the 4-6 result. But I'm open to
persuasion. Or is this one for the next FAQ?

> >2) Mega-cannons say that they generate a blast marker for "each attack."
> >Does this mean for each barrage, or for each target under the barrage? I
> >would htink it is per barrage, but it states "each attack" immediately after
> >it says roll to hit for each model.
>
> I would think it is for each barrage as well.

I think per barrage too - but we may be wrong.

> >3) Ork Speedstas - When you upgrade weapons do they lose their regular fp
> >attack?
>
> "Upgrade to include..." sounds like you keep the fp (fp 1 range 30cm wow).
 I agree. The word that is important here is "include." They could
have said "replace" but they didn't.

Richard