Re: [Epic] Rules questions - weapons

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 03:16:55 -0500

At 07:19 PM 4/22/97 +0100, you wrote:

1) Do disrupt weaons generate blast markers as heavy weapons do as well as
>> >by their special ability? My opinion is yes, as the description uses the
>> >phrase "in addition to" in the text.
>>
>> Thats the way we played it. Seems to work out.
>
>I thought the "in addition to" was to take account of other attacks
>against the target by the same shooting detachment, and the Disrupt
>weapon only placed blast markers for the 4-6 result. But I'm open to
>persuasion. Or is this one for the next FAQ?

Apparently, though you have been the only one so far who indicated that they
thought they didn't generate BMs as SHWs and as their special ability.

>> >2) Mega-cannons say that they generate a blast marker for "each attack."
>> >Does this mean for each barrage, or for each target under the barrage?
>>
>> I would think it is for each barrage as well.
>
>I think per barrage too - but we may be wrong.

Everyone seems to feel the same way. Of course, that makes taking a disrupt
weapon rather silly when a MC can be fielded. That's just an observation,
not a whine. The same thing is true of AT and Death Ray shots.

>> >3) Ork Speedstas - When you upgrade weapons do they lose their regular fp
>> >attack?
>>
>> "Upgrade to include..." sounds like you keep the fp (fp 1 range 30cm wow).
> I agree. The word that is important here is "include." They could
>have said "replace" but they didn't.

That was my impression. Thanks to all.

Temp