Re: [Epic] New Figures, Old rules

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:00:26 -0700

>How about giving us the netEpic stats for Thunderhawks, Marauders &
>Thunderbolts so we can compare.

We kept the stats on all of those the same. Marauders and Thunderbolts
were already vaguely overpriced so those have remained the same.
Thunderhawks now cost 100 points each.

>Are any of the force lists completed yet, last time I went to the EpiCentre
>they were not there. If they still aren`t ready, any idea when they will be?

They're almost all completely done (except for Tyranids) but I don't know
if they're up there yet. My guess would be no. The website tends to be
considerably behind the rules designing for obvious reasons. As to when
they'll be up, I dunno, whenever the web page maintainer gets around to
updating I suppose. :)

>>Well, here are the Net Epic stats for the Vampire and the Phoenix: (Net
>>Epic uses different movement for flyers than 2nd edition did, but works
>>mostly the same. The flyers are a little more expensive as a result. But
>>you get the idea anyways)
>>
>> Name Move Saving Throw CAF
>>Phoenix Flyer 2+ +3
>> all round
>>
>>Weapons Range Dice Hit Mod
>>Sonic Cannon 75cm 2 4+ -3 Ignores cover
>>Shuriken 50 cm 4 5+ 0 360 fire arc
>>Plasma bombs 2x 8 BP -3
>>
>>Cost: 300/1 Morale: 3
>>VP: 3
>>
>> Name Move Saving Throw CAF
>>Vampire Flyer 4+ +0
>>
>>Weapons Range Dice Hit Mod
>>Shuriken 25 cm 6 5+ -1
>>
>>Transport (4 stands)
>>Cost: 100/1 Morale: 3
>>VP: 1
>>
>>And here are my proposed stats for Net Epic Ork flyas:
>>Name Save CAF: Weapon Range Dice Hit Save
>>Ork fighta-bommerz 4+ +3 Kannnonz 50cm 2 4 -1
>> Squig bomz (as of Squig catapult)
>>
>>Support
>>200/3
>>Morale: 4
>>
>>I never did figure out what everyone thought about these, I suppose I'm
>>going to bring it up again sometime. Oh well. Ya win some ya lose some.

Mike the Liu