Re: [Epic] [E40k] Question on SHWs...

From: E. Sund <esund_at_...>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 16:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> >> I assume it is 16.
> >>
> >I'd say it was three. Each pulsar is a single SHW doing d6 AT hits -
> >not d6 AT SHWs. Therefore if there are just 3 SHWs firing, it will
> >generate 1 BM regardless of how many hits it causes.
>
> I can see your point, but that is an awful lot of firepower to not produce
> any more blast markers than that. One for the primarchs, I would say.

I hear what you are saying but these are AT weapons. Imagine 4 MBTs
firing (say 3.5*4=) 14 AT rounds (SABOT or whatever, I am no expert) at a
herd of foot soldiers. It's disturbing, but not much more dangerous than
14 bolt action rifles. Now imagine the effects of (4*just 1=) 4 artillery
rounds filled with shrapnel (daisy cutters, whatever- see above). THAT
would make the troops take cover. And if you would prefer to think of the
effects on a armored unit, go ahead. But it's harder for tanks to take
cover on a battlefield the size of most epic games. Just my thoughts
onthe matter. Besides, aren't pulsars strong enough?

Erik Sund