Re: [Epic] Price query or how to get the stuff

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 07:47:34 -0400 (EDT)

sauron1 <sauron1_at_...> writes:
> DLIL-Lewiston, Kris wrote:
> >
> > Okay, after a fairly large number of e-mails on the subject of the Epic
> > boxes I can get hold of, I have come up with some guidelines.

> Sauron1 writes;Do you think that GW,who we know subscribe to our list,get
> the message about how far we are going to buy up all the SM stuff we can
> out there at a reasonable price! Rather than their current rip off!

        No, I'd rather have the Games Designers reading the list
rather than the people in charge of marketing. The designers have
proven themselves to be worthwhile human beings, but the
marketing/pricing people... brr...
        It's not like the prices were all that reasonable before the
increase, either. I bought about 85% of my figures during the pre-TL
1/2 off sale on all Epic blisters at our store, or off the net for
about 1/2 off. Now, I'd have to buy it at about 80% off in order to
really convince myself they're worth getting. (The white metal isn't
quite so bad, 1/2 off is still probably about right, but you'd think
that plastic would be less expensive than metal, not more expensive.
:)

Mark