Re: [Epic] Epic Spacehulk?

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 04:59:09 -0700

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 26-Apr-97 Re: [Epic] Epic Spacehulk? by Chris
> Weigt_at_...
> > > Sauron1 writes;My sons,avid space hulk players,took some of my unmountted
> > > SM terminators and a box of Tyranids to play Epic Space Hulk. It works
> > > as well as anything GW has tried lately! {It was good for a few
> laughs} > >
> > > sauron1 PS Do you think it would make a good pocket game?
> >
> > Find a way to magnetise the figs and youve got TravelHulk (tm)!
> > *grin*
>
> Yup. Andy Skinner (currently absent) posted what he did to do this a
> while back... I didn't save the post, but I've seen his game. I think
> he took a steel cookie tin, rectangular in shape, and uses that (the
> back) to attack a sheet of graph paper. You then draw the map on the
> graph paper. The minis all have "dots" of magnet (cut from a sheet
> using a hole punch) attached to their bases, and the blip counters are
> just dots of magnet with numbers attached to one side.
>
> And when you're not using the game, it goes inside the cookie tin for
> easy storage. ^_^
>
> Aaron Teske
> Mithramuse+_at_...

Sauron1 writes;If you glue the metal sheet to a notice board frame and
hang it on a wall. And since the figures are already on magnets. You
could play that way. No it.s not a joke. We do that with counters over a
map at my club to record map moves in both a Napoleonic and ACW campaign
game and save table space! sauron1