Re: [Epic] 40K/IG infantry Detachments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 12:24:55 -0400

Thomas Bloom wrote:

> In the games I played their was a pretty big difference between 45 and 30
> cm range. My Land raiders were getting shots when my Preditors wern't.
> I've found it best to "specilize" the Detachments. Put units with simmiler
> Stats together, makes for a much easier time. Put the Tacs in a different
> Detachment and use them as a screen since units don't block LOS and leave
> the Tacs on Assualt so after the Devvies "soften" them up your Tacs can go
> in and finish them off.

        Why not use Marine assault troops for that instead?
The +1 AV doesn't mean a whole lot, but the jump packs sure
do.

        Also, a seperate tac det. only screens you against
assaulters, not from being shot. The reason to include tacs
in with the devs is to soak up some firepower without
seriously hurting your ability to return fire. You can set
the tacs up ahead of the devs, with the 30cm command range
they can be 15cm in front & still be in command. Thus being
in range of the same targets as the devs.

Scott
shupes_at_...