Re: [Epic] basing tip

From: Waiming Poo-Cheong <waiming.poo-cheong_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 10:24:20 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Robert Lenghaus wrote:

> All you 2nd ed players out there, here is what I'm doing to rebase my
> figures, It won't work for all armies, best probably for tyranids or orks,
> as they have all the same troops on one stand.
>
> Here's what you do,
> take an old base (you know the square one)
> cut in half (bolt cutters are best because the cut compressivly rather
> than with a shearing action like scissors)
> Glue the two halves together into a long narrow base.
> then mount your minis four to a base.
>
> I relise this will not work very well if you need to mount commanders or
> HW among your troops. But I'm going to redo all my Bugs this way.
>
> woe betide anyone who utters "those minitures are not officially
> based...."
>
> Rob L.

these GW bright sparks seem to have outdone themselves this time on the
new bases.
your idea sounds good but what about the mini in the middle?
looks like my Chapter is gonna sustain 20 per cent casualties without a
fight.. _sob_ . well thats better i suppose than starting over.....
its probably the main reason why i'm hesitant about crossing over from 2nd
Ed to Epic97.

cheers

Waiming