Re: [Epic] [E40k] Close Combat is God (Was: Thoughts & Questions)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 10:51:16 -0400

duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> > In the 1500 pts game, my Daemon Calvary det killed
> >all but 2 stands from a marine bike & speeder det in one
> >turn.
>
> I don't see how. Did you manage to surround him? Unless you can accomplish
> this (which has been excruciatingly hard in our 1200 pt games) then ff and
> hth do precious little - a stand or two and a couple BMs, which disappear at
> teh end of the turn.

        Surround him? Not really, I just base-to-based
everything in his detachment, and when choosing casualties
I removed the ones that actually had a chance of running
away. 5 or 6 bikes survived the actual combat, then all
but 2 died trying to flee. Now that I think about it, I
realize he wasn't removing casualties with his upcoming
retreat move in mind. But I don't think it would have made
a big deal because of the daemonic save (he scored 4 hits,
I saved on 2 of them, so maybe 1 more bike could have made
it out alive).

        If you, as an assault det., can get into base-to-
base contact with every stand in an enemy det., you're going
to kill just about everything. Assuming you actually have
an assault-worthy AV, of course.

Scott
shupes_at_...