Re: [Epic] Armies in the new edition

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 20:57:21 -0500

At 03:28 PM 5/2/97 -0700, you wrote:

>When you think about it, the old bases are a hindrance. They are easy to
>barrage...

Considering the fact that all detachments originate from a 15cm radius along
a board edge, pretty much everything is easy to barrage now. We played a
2500 point chaos vs IG/SM Friday night and between the arty company and my
titan with Hvy barrage and Mega-Cannon, I don't think there were ever less
than 3 targets per barrage, and there were 5 on more than one occasion.

I also think that titans rule now. I have a Warlord with 2 hvy weapons, a
MC and a Hvy Barrage. It can suppress the heck out of a detachment in the
fire phase (minimum 3 BMs, probably more like 5, maybe even 6) and then move
in to have a firefight in the assault phase. With the support of 2
warhounds, it swept a hill of a marine company, the remains of a land raider
company, and a Reaver titan. It also took an insane amount of firepower and
damage to come close to slowing it down.

Temp