Re: [Epic] My Very Big Imperial Heavy Company

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 21:45:33 -0500

At 08:18 PM 5/3/97 +0100, you wrote:

You know, with a name like gavin, you have two strikes against you on this list.

>2> AIR DEFENCE.
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>1 Squad (in Chimera)
>6 Hydras

IIRC, Hydras are only available as support, so you have to have one main
force unit per Hydra.

>3-5> INFANTRY.
>
>1 Det. Commander
>10 Squads

Imperial infantry need one commander for every three squads.

>6-10> ARMOUR.
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>10 squadrons of 3 Leman Russes
>1 Baneblade

1) You can simply make a Leman Russ detachment HQ.
2) Baneblades are War engines and as such are only fielded as a separate
detachment. (up to 3 per)

>17> SP ARTILLERY
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>10 Basilisks

Same as Leman Russ. Make a Basilisk HQ.

>18> SP ARTILLERY
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>10 Whirlwinds

Whirlwinds are Rhino chassis, so they are Marine only.

>19> CLOSE FIRE SUPPORT
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>10 Squads (in Chimera)
>10 Vindicators

Vindicators are rhino chassis. The IG use Demolishers (LemanRuss chassis).

>20> AVIATION/CAVALRY
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>5 Rough Rider Squads
>10 Marauders

All aviation is separate.

>23> CAVALRY
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>5 Bike Squads
>5 Rough Rider Squads

No IG bikes. Rough riders need command as infantry (1:3). Also, you can
take RR commanders.

>24> TRANSPORT
>
>1 Det. Commander (in Chimera)
>10 Chimeras
>10 Thunderhawk

1) You can make all transport organic to the various squads if you want.
2) You can't take separate Chimeras, IIRC.
3) Thawks are marine only, and as above for aviation.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you need ot borrow an Armies book from someone.

Temp