Re: [Epic] Converting Heavy Weapons Troops

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 22:09:26 -0700

Thomas Lee Denney wrote:

> But are you basing this on the guidelines in the getting started book from
> the new Epic 40K, or from some other source? If so I'd like to know where
> cause then maybe I'll do it like that.

No, you're right, page 4 of the Getting Started book. Agreed that these
should be interpreted loosely re command units. But an Imperial Marine
Tactical Squad really does contain 1 sgt, 1 heavy weapon, and 8 grunts.
Mixed how you like. Similarly a Devastator squad contains 3? 4? 5? Heavy
Weapons, a Sgt and 5 grunts.

The only important thing is that the stands be unmistakeable for
something else. But in a competition, that's another matter. IMHO of
course.

> I don't think you can buy all three, can you? I think you have to buy some
> form of HQ, which is pay for one of the stands in the detachment to be the
> HQ or buy a separate stand, or buy a librarian. I guess what I'm wondering
> is if you can buy an HQ and a librarian for the same detachment. I'm
> thinking you can only choose one of the three though.

I draw your attention to the bottom of page 34 of the Armies list. The
Chain of Command. I also draw your attention to the top, 1 - not UP TO
1, but ONE EXACTLY Detachment HQ. Then Up to One Captain. And Up To One
Librarian. This means exactly what it says. +25 for a detachment, then
if you want a Captain, Librarian or both, add them too.

I wish they'd just said "+25 for the detachment" rather than mentioning
HQ. But this would rather B*gger up their the IG list, where you pay
25-75 depending on size.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture