Re: [Epic] New Heavy Company

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 14:50:13 -0400 (EDT)

brendan gavin <cobag_at_...> writes:
> Here's my new Imperial Heavy Company.Points are included thanks to Patrik
> Carlsson.
>
> 6-10> ARMOUR
> 1 Leman Russ HQ 57
> 10 Squads of 3 Leman Russes 96 each
> 1 Baneblade HQ 135
>
> 17> SP ARTILLERY
>
> 1 Basilisk HQ 66
> 10 Basilisks 41 each
>
> 18> SP ARTILLERY
>
> 1 Whirlwind HQ 51
> 10 Whirlwinds 26 each
>
> 20> CAVALRY/AVIATION
>
> 2 Rough Rider Commanders 36 each
> 5 Rough Rider Squads 10 each
> Air Support
> Marauder HQ 70
> 10 Marauders 45 each
>
> 21> AVIATION
>
> Marauder HQ 70
> 10 Marauders 45 each
>
> 22> AVIATION
>
> Thunderbolt HQ 55
> 10 Thunderbolts 30 each
>
> 24-25> TRANSPORT
> Thunderhawk HQ 105
> 10 Thunderhawks 80 each

        Okay, I hope you don't consider this a nitpick, but this is
how I feel the detachment HQ thing works. When you pay +25 points to
nominate someone as the HQ, you're picking an existing unit. So in
all of these cases, you can have a total of 10 aircraft, not 11.
        The Whirlwinds are actually okay, as you can pick up to 10
squads of 3 for up to 30. Unfortunately, you have 31 Leman Russes.
        The basilisks are Imperial heavy artillery, correct? these
are considered support, so you will have to attach them to some other
unit.

Mark