Re: [Epic] Newbie

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:18:51 -0400 (EDT)

Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...> writes:
> And Ken, if you have any questions OR answers, post away. In fact, post
> anything to do with Epic and you'll find someone will continue the
> thread.

        Actually, don't just post your answers. If someone asks, say,
"Do Disrupt SHWs cause blast just for being fired as well as on a 4+ for
each?", please don't just say "Yes." or "No." Only Jervis gets away
without referring to the rulebooks.
        Much more preferable answers are along the lines of "We play
it as yes, since we couldn't find an answer in the rules", or "Yes,
it's on p.31 of the rule book. When a detachment with Super Heavy
Weapons fires, it places blast markers on the target detachment.
[table follows]. Disrupt is a SHW, therefore it places blast markers
as normal in addition to the 4+ roll per Disrupt." A short quote such
as this is common but not necessary.

        People who answer with one word responses and no page numbers
tend to get thrown into my killfile on the newsgroups, but I don't
have the luxury of doing that for personal mail. The reason for this
is that when people do this, they're incorrect at least 2/3 of the
time.

Mark

PS- I thought the example I gave above was the consensus reached on
Disrupt. Last I checked, it was a SHW with no special rules outside
of the Disrupt paragraph. I didn't realize anyone was still thinking
otherwise.