[Epic] Re:

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 20:25:00 -0500

At 02:30 PM 5/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>If I take a Space Marine only army, my strategy rating is 5. If I buy
>Thunderhawks (listed as Imperial air), does it drop? I would believe not,
>but who knows?

The list consensus was that te thawk is a marine unit, though there were a
few dissenters.

>Do disrupt weapons really inflict blast markers for their status as SH
>weapons as well as for their disrupt effect? The wording is vague.

Yup. But dont' worry, they really aren't that good . . .

>Why is a Demon Prince so expensive with respect to the other, standard,
>deamon princes (Great Unclean One, Lord of Change, etc)? It seems that
>they have a better assult value, and other abilitys (skimmer, psycher,
>etc) built in already, where the generic prince has to pay for any
>abilitys.

It is the Supreme Commander, so you get "command" and it functions as a HQ
unit. Personally, I think it is a little overpriced, but it isn't criminal,
like what they are trying to say about the farseers.

>And finally: What do I do with my extensive Squat army? Not to mention
>my 3 companies (old term) and detachments (old term) of knights?

There are some rules that were hashed together/argued over on the list.
Personally, I think they are good, but haven't had a chance to playtest them.

Temp