[Epic] Adeptus and Codex( was Re :Epic - Warlord Titans)

From: Colin Partridge <9404237p_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 11:01:18 +0000

> Sauron1 writes why all the interest in Adeptus and Codex? I have to get
> both B/W xeroxed for Mike Bowen tomorrow(14/05/97)any body else want a
> copy of Codex Titanicus? sauron1
>

>Sauron1 writes why all the interest in Adeptus and Codex? I have to
>get both B/W xeroxed for Mike Bowen tomorrow(14/05/97)any body else
>want a copy of Codex Titanicus? sauron1

Judging from the response I've seen on the list so far, I can't help
wondering how long it will be before you regret asking that. Anyway,
I'd like to add my YES PLEASE to the rest.

As to why. I think my interest stems from the fact that I had only
been playing Epic 1st edition for a couple of months before changing
to second edition, and I want to go back and give it another try. We
(me and my one other gaming partner) only had the basic
 Space Marine box, and I want to see what the game was like with
 titans and other races.

When we bought the second edition, we didn't realize it was actually a
different game, we only bought it to get more figures and buildings.

Another reason I want to go back to the old game is that my
experience with games workshop is -The older the game the better.
Admittedly the newer games are more accessible and easier to get
started with, but I think the older games had more depth. They did
however require a bit more effort on the part of the players to get
the most from them, which probably doesn't appeal to the younger age
group that GW seems to be aiming at these days. I'm still playing
Advanced HeroQuest (fore-runner to WarhammerQuest) and Advanced
SpaceCrusade ( fore-runner to Tyranid Attack, which has now also been
discontinued).

--
Every once in a while
you've just got to roll the potato