[Epic] Female Wargamers

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:11:13 -0500

I must be in an odd place in the universe. My gaming group (AD&D) has
more female members than males. (3:2). Some one else noted a
tendency for females to "play pansies", which does seem to be the case,
at least in RPG terms, but as a counter example, my wife preferes to
paint "monsters" over "heros". When she does Epic figures for me she
wants to "paint ones that look cool", which means I have some VERY nice
squigoths and squig catapults. (sigh) She thinks all the marine figures
are "boring" and that the Eldar stuff is, well, odd. She likes 'nids
however so she is planing on doing a very BRIGHTLY painted swarm for
me. Based on what the one Hive Tyrant she has finished looks like, this
is going to be Hive Fleet Leary....