Re: [Epic] Mekboy Dragsta

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 15:28:32 -0400 (EDT)

>>I've invented the rules for the mekboy dragsta (from SM2.0).
>>Here goes:
>>Dragsta
>>Speed: 25 cm
>>Range: 0
>>Armor: 5+
>>Cost: 100
>>Special: Gives a natural save of 3+ to any Ork unit within a 6cm radius,
>>including the vehicle itself
>>
>>It is bought has a support vehicle of the Ork Warband
>
>Just have it give the "save" ability. It cuts down on extra rules.

Giving a save to all units may seem powerful to some, and you will have
to create special "special rules" to deal with situations such as
when a nobz gets under the shield (do you allow two saves?), and as
to whether you will protect war engines (a gargant with a save?).

I think a better solution (and more toned down) would be to say that
any unit within 6 cm (including the dragsta) is treated as being in
cover, even when their not (no added bonus if they are). You might
still want to exclude war engines from the benefits.

David