Re: [Epic][E40K] Terrain (trees)

From: Jeff Schmidt <jschmidt_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 17:46:44 -0600

Many moons ago my father did some model railroading and collected a bunch
of weeds called yarro (I think that's how it's spelled). The stuff grows
in sandy ground here in upper-midwest USA, and when dried, looks very much
like tall trees. Add a little spraypaint and you can produce nice green or
autumn-colored stands of forests. I've got a bunch of 1/4" foam-board
with holes for the trees, which I intend to flock someday (it's just
sprayed green now). It's easy, cheap, and doesn't look too bad (I think).

Jeff Schmidt | NetCo Communications Corporation
software engineer, Mac development | 333 N. Washington Ave. Ste. 102
(612) 519-0878 | Minneapolis MN 55401, USA