Re: [Epic] Paint removal in Oz

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 08:14:24 -0500

At 11:07 AM 5/22/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I've torn my left ACL (knee ligament) during PT which stopped me doing
>Para selection, my right ACL running on roads,

I was with you up to here. Arthroscopic surgery on both knees, torn tendons
in one ankle, and ligaments in boths

>partially deaf from
>firing .44 Magnum rounds without ear defenders,

I dont' mean to be harsh, because you have obviously paid for hte mistake,
but for everyone else's benefit, that was galactically stupid.

>still have back pain 6
>months after practicing a 2 man lift of a casualty off an Alp - all
>from army training,
>BUT in my historical reenactment hobby I've broken
>my front tooth, 2 fingers, 3 ribs, been paralysed from the knee down,
>been stitched around the left eye and rushed to hospital because of a
>blow to the right eye with a halberd that missed the helmet and skull
>on the way to hitting the eye hard enough to lift me off my feet WHICH
>IN ITSELF wasn't a problem compared to the emergency surgery on the
>eye the previous year when an assault detached the retina, just one of
>the day to day injuries such as the broken knee I played rugby on or
>the fingers I broke playing football.

Good God, Man! STOP! If you keep this up, you're going to look like
Frankenstein's monster, if you dont' already.

>Still, it could be worse, at least I don't play volleyball.

That's true. I'd forgotten how rough THAT can be.

>Sorry, been a bad day this morning, I just needed to let off a little
>steam. So, how's your day been? 8)

Couldn't be any worse than your hobby career.

Temp