Re: LR conversion (prev Re: [Epic]E40K Orks, Blood Axe Mob et al)

From: Stephen Sheldon <sheldona_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 09:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

> At 06:08 PM 5/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >I do have a suggestion that I've used - remember the old WHFB Fantasy
> >Regiments that came with orcs, goblins, dwarves, etc., each with a spare
> >head? The extra dwarf head came with a horned helmet, so I cut off the horns
> >of all the dwarf helmets and glued them on my plastic Epic Land Raiders, etc.
> > They came out pretty good, and plastic is always pretty easy to work with,
> >Tom
> >

> Sounds good, except that I do not have WHFB (the Undead horse was given by a
> friend who decided that he should spend more time with his girlfriend).
>
> Do you have any specific/particular paint scheme for your Chaos side ?
>
> Any other suggestions ?

I took a new LR, shaved the sponson pins off, took the grabby claws from
the battlewagon sprue, cut them so they are mounted on the front side if
the tracks vertically, then I added spikey ram bars to the front, a little
ork commander sitting in the hatch, and for the shooty bits I added a
scorcher turret from a great gargant, and put a little spikey bit on top.
Finally I added two banner poles in the exhaust pipes, and painted it up
deathskulls colours. I think it looks awesome, if anyone is interested
I'll scan some sketches. It took about 1.5 hours and I wouldn't recommend
it to inexperienced converters, because it was really fiddly.

Steve