Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: <PAspin3551_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:30:30 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 23/05/97 13:33:00, duckrvr_at_... writes:

<<
>published on space marines, and already includes 3 new specializations
(space
>wolves, dark angels and white scars) - something they said they would never
>do. It also includes the emperors tarot, an alternate set of fate cards for
>the imperium that is FAR superior to the ones in the game.

 Can someone start giving some specifics? I dont' mean the text of every
 card, but some examples would be nice. >>

Okay, here are a few of the nasties :

a) the emperor - a detachment loses D6 blast markers
b) Have an enemy detachments firepower (the magus)
c) The high Preist - a detachment passes all leadership tests for the rest of
the turn

some cards duplicate the effects of the norma fate cards, some improve on
those effects, others are just plain nasty. there are also some nasty race
specific cards :

a) The daemon - a detcahment of daemons has its saved reduced to a 6.
b) The kraken - a detachment of tyranids becomes subject to leadership tests.
c) The harlequin - automatically fail an eldar leadership test
d) the savage - an orc detachment must go on assualt orders this turn.

Obviously, the imp. player picks which detachment this affect :-)

At least the squats dont have one against them... :-D

k.a.