Re: [Epic] Q&A 2 (and notes)

From: <PAspin3551_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 16:29:48 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 25/05/97 05:39:35, allen_at_... (A. Allen
McCarley) writes:

<<
 P: Inititially all Eldar War Hosts were led by a Farseer that cost 50
 points (you had no choice, you had to take him). In the end, however, we
 decided this was a bit silly as there simply aren't that many Farseers
 around, so we made using a Farseer an option at a cost of 50 points. (We
 know that nearly all 40K Eldar armies are led by a Farseer - we hope to be
 able to remedy this at some point in the future...) Then we found that at
 50 points all detachments ended up being led by a Farseer anyway, so we
 added in the +25 point mark-up. On the other hand using a Farseer as a
 Supreme Commander seemed highly appropriate, so we left him at 50 points in
 this case. >>

Oh wondful. So when are they going to be putting the points cost up for space
marine librarians, etc. After all, they are just as rare...

And why is the ravenwing not 75 points a model then (see WD 210) - after
all, there arnt many Ravenwing memebers in the galaxy are there!

All this means is that warlocks become incredibly popular - I woul;d be fine
with the fluff = high points value if it appled to any other race (esp. the
space marines), but as it doesnt its just completely unfair...

75 points is way too much - thats 2 landariders. Now which is better... :-)

k.a.