Re: [Epic] 5th Element, Starship Troopers

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 97 23:15:57 EDT

>Most probably Heinleins has written crap but I've manage to avoid it, I've
>heard that JOB was pretty lame.

My personal favorites of Heinlein's novels are _Time for the Stars_
and _The Door into Summer_. _The Door into Summer_ is such a nice
little tale of revenge... :)

Have you ever tried reading his later stuff, after he had a stroke? For
example, _The Number of the Beast_, or anything else that has the whole
Lazarus Long crew in it? Completely unintelligible. Supposedly most of
the stuff he wrote after the stroke was based on his life, and unless you
knew him personally, you wouldn't get most of the references.

Elias