Re: [Epic] Titan excercise oops -Reply

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 14:08:33 +0000

Sender: owner-space-marine_at_...

sauron1 wrote:
> > Sauron1 writes;As a collector of Warlord titans,I suggest you use the
> plug-in approach to arming your Warlords.I have 30 odd Warlords and
only
> about half have fixed weapon mounts because I aquirred them that way.
> Try creating those big back banners in corel draw or import 25mm
> historical banners from the Mideaval wargamers. One whole group of
mine
> carry 25mm Napoleonic Battle flags! sauron1

I'm not big on banners, so won't be putting them on, anyway. I just don't
like the way they look. But how do you keep your weapons on, especially
the arms? Are they painted? I suppose I could use Elmer's glue. I was
kinda assuming that if I painted them they would have to be permanently
attached, but I guess that's not so.

andy askinner_at_...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I use Blu-Tak (sticky-putty type stuff) on the metal weapons, I find that the
plastic weapons and mounting arms tend to stay in the holes well enough
on their own.
For SM/TL, if you can, get more weapons, 4 T.L.D.s is quite impressive, as
are 4 Gatling cannon, and most Titans will run scared from 4 melta cannon.
Overall, though for a single Titan I'd pick 2 gatling cannon or turbolasers
(for shooting light armour/troops/shields), a quake cannon for destroying
buildings/dealing with heavy armour and a volcano cannon for Titan
killing/dealing with heavy armour. This combination should work
reasonably well for E40K as well- 1 death ray, 1 mega cannon, and 2 HW
batteries.

Chris