[Epic] RE:

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 10:54:45 -0500

IMHO i don't think they will drop it
where else have they got to go
they've re released space hulk
done their own version of heroquest
revamped and dropped Blood Bowl
now only have 40k whfb and epic40k
unless it's back to the drawing board for
mighty empires or the like
then there's not many places left for
the warhammer world to go ...

phil

----> I hope they don't*, but there are other games out there to
do...at one point they have mentioned: a new blood bowl(would that be
the 4th ed?), a new man-o-war, a new space fleet (!), and an epic scale
fantasy...
A new mighty Empires would be cool, but it would have to stand on it's
own as a good game, otherwise you're limiting yourself to whatever
fraction of the WHFB market will shell out for a campaign system.
I think for the most part, the big 2 will remain the core of their
product line and everything else is gravy/a search for another
"classic" along the lines of WHFB & 40K. If an epic fantasy did come
out, and sold halfway decent, then the epic games could become a new
"core" system. Like to see it, don't know if it will happen...

*We play at stores most of the time, and it's hard to get people
interested in a dead game, so as long as Epic in some fashion is in
print, that's good.

Chris Miller