Re: [Epic] Killer Indirect Barrages in E40K

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 13:29:53 -0400 (EDT)

kullerd_at_... writes:
> still stay in cover and remain within 30 cm of HQ. After all, all he
> had to do was find 1 spot where 3-4 units were even partially under
> the template and let the firepower add up. The first wave was 43 FP.

> Any tactiacal advice?

        Not especially. Try harder, take more valuable units, and
remember that he has to cover 3 of the 5 infantrymen to count it as
being under the template... But can't think of any quick fixes with
the army.
        In Epic 2nd Edition, it was customary to hold a barrage
template in your off-hand so you could spread out your units quickly.
(We played with a 6cm center of model-to-center of model coherency, so
two units under a barrage was guaranteed for the most part. Only
after 2 years of playing did we check on the list and find evidence in
the rulebooks that coherence was from edge-to-edge, guaranteeing only
one model under a barrage.)

Mark