Re: [Epic] more thoughts on Epic40K

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 15:13:33 -0700

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> duckrvr_at_... writes:
> I was quite happy to see TMNT restarted. I hadn't collected
> it for a few years, but decided to give the new Image comic a try.
> The writing and art are both average or slightly better, but the main
> characters talk and act pretty much in character. Best of all, I
> found the Dark Horse minis a week ago. They only had the one kind of
> blister, so all I could get were the actual turtles, but they're sort
> of the most important ones anyways. Now I just have to figure out
> where I can find the rest of them. They're about as hard to find as
> Lead Warlords, unfortunately.
>
> Mark

I think there was one other blister type, containing 3 bad guys and the
rat sensei. There were also a few hundred minis electroplated in gold
and sold off through QVC-like channels.

If you're dead set on finding the olf Dark Horse stuff, there are alot
of retailers listed in the Dwarf's insert, with phone numbers. Probably
more DH stuff out there than lead warlords, but it'll take legwork to
find em.

Dark Horse miniatures went out of business in the mid 80s, the last
turtle miniatures were produced then. The owner tried to get the
company off the ground again at gencon '94. High production costs for
white metal miniatures and poor sales through the end of the year
convinced him he was better off running magic tournaments instead. The
molds and such still exist, but they're in storage and not accessible.

-Lemm