RE: [Epic] GW BOYCOTT (MUST READ IMEADIATELY) (fwd)

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:09:00 -0400

>They had had a complaint from a local GW stockist that there was someone=
 in
the >area who was underselling him. Basically, my friend's parents own=
ed a
CD ROM >exchange business and under that name he got GW Stockist statu=
s from
GW and >started selling GW stuff to us at cost +5% to cover himself.=
  He
also started >to sell the stuff at the local gaming club. This club w=
as
"supported", and I >use the term VERY loosely, by another stockist who
l=
earned of my friend's >practice. He was being undersold, and so he
complai=
ned. GW revoked my >friend's status claiming he wasn't selling from
a shop=
 front, so they wouldn't >supply him. But he and the rest of us know
the r=
eal reason. (I'm not being >paranoid here, that is the REAL reason. I
hav=
e my info from an inside source.)

Whoops. Forgot to say in that last bit =
that we knew the real reason is that
he was under selling another stockist,=
 so GW stripped him of their stuff.
NOT that he wasn't seeling from a shop-=
front (which he had).

[James Nugent] I still don't get it. Why would GW c=
are if he was underselling another stockist (although I know they try to av=
oid putting more than 1 stockist in an area. I live in the small state of R=
I and there are only 2 stockists, only 1 of who is chapter approved. I mean=
, no matter what price he sells at GW gets the same amount, and if he sells=
 cheaper it stands to reason he would sell more mini's so they would actual=
ly get more money, I wish they would show some sense.

                                                -James
-------=
----------------------------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"Y=
ou assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would =
be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But y=
our most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -Da=
vid Brin, Infinity's Shore