RE: [Epic] E40K Squats - LONG!!!

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:08:43 -0500

> I only put 3 dark reapers per stand. I get more stands and I feel
better
> about having the same stats as a marine dev. stand that has just 2
hvy wpns.
> Also I mount the Harlequins 3 to a stand. The solitaire of course is
by
> himself and deathjesters are also. debating whether to mount the
aspect
> warriors 3 or 5 to a stand. The warp spiders are going to be 3 due
to the
> fact that they are just too damn big for all 5 to fit. Scouts should
be 3
> I think also.
> Anyone think this is blasphemy?
>
> That
Chuk Guy>

HELL NO !!!!! more stands for the same price...seein it alot at
cons....WHY NOT... THEY ARE YOUR MINI'S......way to beat GW at their
own
game...sorry just had to get that of my chest....JR

-----> Well, it's nice to see some other people applying the same logic
- my Reapers are 3 to a stand (cause if you remember in 1st ed 40K
that's pretty much the way they came), my Wolf Guard command unit is 3
termies and a captain, and my Rough Riders are 1 per base (cause I
thought a company would be cool and didn't feel like doubling my guard
investment). I notice now the bike/cavalry recommendation is 3 per
base...I'll probably do it with the new ones, but what about all those
square base bike units...hmm.

(also, as a side note, I only resorted to Space Wolves as I had
Ultramarine Battle, Dev, and LR companies with 5 support for each,
Blood Angels Btl co w/5 support cards, and Dark Angels Tac company &
Ravenwing w/ 5 support cards, and had done up a Howling Griffons Btl co
most recenty - that was my 40K marine chapter- and I needed a simple
paint job. And I like grey...)

Chris Miller