Re: [Epic] Guard tactics

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 1997 23:04:23 +1300

On Thu 05 Jun, Elias Tiliakos wrote:
> At 01:00 PM 6/5/97 +1300, you wrote:
> >Also I am thinking of doing similar articles for other armies,
> >would people on the list be interested in me posting these
> >articles to the list when they are completed? Also are there any
> >suggestions on how I could improve future articles?
>
> I really liked your article, and would be interested in whatever you
> had to say about other armies.

Thanks I will try get the marines done by next week and then the Orks
the week after, and so on.

> >Mark by the way, there is a flaw in the article I posted. Ogryns
> >can't use Chrimeras. This means they are, of course, not very mobile.
> >So IG tactical troopers in Chrimeras could prove useful. The trick is
> >support Infantry Detachments with IG tactical troopers as their main
> >force with one or two armour detachments which have hellhound as their
> >main force. This gives you mobile infantry assault force. Just
> >treat the IG tactical as the cannonfodder, that takes the casualties
> >instead of the hellhounds, while the hellhounds do the real work.
> >

> Why can't Ogryns use Chimeras? If you use Heavy weapon squads, they only
> take half of the space, therefore allowing the use of the other half by
> the ogryns, no?
>
> Of course, with regular IG squads, the Chimeras are full, but then just take
> some hellhounds instead.

It says on page 33 IG infantry detachment TOE that you can mount IG
troopers in Chrimeras, it doesn't say you can or can't mount Ogryns
in Chrimeras. I honestly don't know if you can or can't. It
be great if you could though and there would be then absolutley
no reason to take IG tactical troops.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...