Re: [Epic] painting marines

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 1997 02:49:47 -0700

Andy Skinner wrote:

> sauron1 wrote:
> > can,t see that well
> > to paint the rim on an epic SM anymore.
>
> How did you did it when you did see well enough? :-) I'd like to
> do it, but I can see the frustration coming already.
>
> >My sons earlier this year
> > convertted all my spare epic terminators to a version of Epic Space
> > Hulk.It played well and got a lot of hits on the discussion group.
>
> I did the same thing a year or two ago, but used regular space marines,
> devastators for flamers, and the sergeant guys. I was using graph
> paper for the map, and I think Terminators might have been too big.
>
> By the way, how did they do blips? I used construction paper glued
> to sheet magnets for counters, and didn't think they would stay well
> with paper on both sides. So my blips have letters on them, and you
> draw the "real" blips from a cup and put them in an ordered row near
> the board. The letter on the little magnetic blip specifies which
> big blip it represents, to keep track of how many genestealers each
> represented. It worked, but I didn't like it much (the blip part,
> that is--the game overall worked fine).
>
> andy
> askinner_at_...

SAURON1 WRITES;Ok so I cheated and used on of those magnifier lamps OK! I
used them to paint my Johnny Reb 15mm ACW figures too but now I use it to
paint even 25mm.As for Epic Space Hulk,I think they used the original
boards with all expansion sets and for the blips used small
numbered counters from another lost game and you same mug idea.And as I
said earliier this year the GW staff at their mail address seemed
reseptive to and had something similar in mind for a while,but where not
shure it would ever see a product release! sauron1