Re: [Epic] Squat Zeppelins

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 21:17:35 -0700

Some more Squat Thoughts:

1. In SM1, mention is made of the Squat Juggernaut,
and, for that matter, the Ork Zeppelin. Neither of
which has made it into model form yet. In any case,
there is room for another Squat SHV - a BIG one.

2. Talking about Zeppelins, Overlords et al, study
of the bombing during WW I by German Zeppelins showed
that their tactic was to slowly approach the target,
drop their bombs, then due to the release of weight,
zoom up more rapidly than fighters of the era could
climb. So the "Zoom Climb after attack" is not so
unreasonable. It's FAR more reasonable than Gargoyles
doing it!
And as for dogfighting... I see an Overlord as being
heavily armed, difficult to damage, but unmanoeuverable.
Thus 1/6 (like a Thawk) or even 1/8, with an armour of
6.
This leads to WW I style combats of a horde of fighters
trying deperately to shoot down a Zep, while it in turn
fills them full of holes...
--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture