Re: [Epic] Question on Tyranid Biotitans

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 11:05:02 -0400

David Dresser wrote:

> I'm unfamiliar with the fluff, why is the hellslicer weapon given the
> "causes catastrophic damage in CC" rule while all other close combat
> weapons are "causes catastrophic damage if the titan wins CC"? Is this
> just a typo? If not, can someone point me towards the dwarf issue where
> these were first detailed?

        I'm of the mind that it's just a typo. It's a CC
weapon, the definition of CC weapons is in the rules book,
and there's nothing in the Hell-Slicer description that
overrides that definition.

        In 2nd edition, the Subjugator had 2 Hell-Claws
that gave it +D6 CAF (total, not +D6 for each), but if
it lost 1 claw it still got the full bonus. Since the
Slaanesh Scout titans had a whopping +5 CAF, the Subs
needed the claws just to take on a Warhound.

> Oh, and why would it get 2 rolls?

        Presumably because WEs get to roll a number of
dice equal to half its current DC in close combat. Never
realized it before, but that would apply to titan on
titan combats as well...

Scott
shupes_at_...