Re: [Epic] [E40K] Squat Army List, take 2

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:57:29 -0400 (EDT)

>> Robots 15cm 45cm 2 3 6+
>I like D3 better. For Robots, Tinbots, Chaos Androids, anything
>mechanical. I could live with 3 though, but urge you to reconsider.

I kinda like the thought of making robots rampagers. This would
help represent their "stupidity" and would make them more fearsome
in CC (IIRC, the fluff made robots out to be pretty tough in CC).

>> Light Artillery 10cm 45cm barrage 0 4+ Artillery
>ie the same as everyone else's Heavy (though not siege) artillery.
>Dunno, I think an FP of 2 is just more appropriate to a light artillery
>piece. Basically, the Thudd Gun is quite similar to the Ork Splatta in
>looks. In addition, it's not as if the Squats are short of barrages...

I think 14 pts is too little for a barrage piece. For 140 points you
could plop 10 on the field. 10 barrage templates from one unit is too
many, especially considering that they will probobly end up piled on
top of each other.

>> Light Artillery battery ..............14 pts per unit
>> consists of 1 to 5 light artillery units
>Ditto. Prefer 3.
>
>and the rest.... I COMPLETELY agree with, unreservedly.

Nice work on the list.

David