Re: [Epic] Tournament army for review

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:31:40 -0500

At 04:52 PM 6/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

>HQ +25 185 (50 AF. Mv 30, charge 45
>Aspect +JP,+Aslt,+Psy even bugs look twice.)
>Aspect +JP,+Aslt x9

sounds good.

>HQ +25
>Aspect +JP x5 NightSpinner x5 300 (jp so they can keep up)
> (suppress the bejeezus out of someone)

Why the aspects? Just 'cuz they're cheap?

>HQ +25 305 (trnspt for Harlies)
>Vampire x3
>Pheonix x2

Are they just transport or are you planning on making them bombers? If you
put the detachment on transport orders the phoenixes are just wandering
around, aren't they?

>ShadowSeer Great Harlequin 207 (cause they look so
>Harlequin Squad (2) x3 darn cool. and 58 AF
>Harlequin squad (2)+Solitaire x2 isnt bad either.)

Looks okay.

> I also toyed with the idea of replacing the flyers and harlequins with a
>warlock titan. It seems like this is way to fragile. Not enough units on
>the board. I have not played that many games so I am unsure how this is
>going to work out.

I think a better flier composition would be advantageous. Maybe jetbikes
instead of Harlies and homogenous fliers?

> The plan was to use the 5 NightSpinners on overwatch to place 4-5 BMs
Then why aspects? Pick something that will benefit from being on overwatch
with them, like falcons. They are more expensive, but they will be useful,
while your jp aspects will sit on overwatch with nothing in range.

> When they are sufficiently covered in BMs(turn 2 I would think) I
>would drop the harlequins on his rear line and charge with the aspect
>detachment. after that I could use the flyers as ground attack with 24
>FP!!! It still seems like to few units to me but with Eldar you are kind
>of stuck with that.

1) If you are using the "Meeting Encounter" rules for the tourney, then you
won't get to pick when the fliers arrive, as they are considered reserves.
Since they will be your only reserve detachment, they _will_ arrive during
the movement phase of turn 2.

2) If you put them on transport orders, the phoenixes are just hanging out,
being worthless. Assuming they don't take any damage at all, you can't do a
bombing run until they refuel, i.e. turn 2.

I would suggest adding falcons to the Wavespinners, and replacing the
harlies with bikes. I believe you would still have enough points for a
decent air support detachment.

Temp