Re: [Epic] Flak

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 14:00:44 -0600 (CST)

>Having used flak and aircraft, I find that you need both (note I have an IG
>army). I use the flak to protect my artillery near baseline, while I
>use Thunderbolts to protect the rest of my army, were necessary.
>
>The advantage of using flak, as opposed to interceptors, to protect
>my artillery is: first, the flak gets to fire before aircraft do;
>second, flak is available every turn of the game; third, flak the
>way I place it discourages enemy aircraft from flying over my boardedge;
>and finally, flak on overwatch gets to reroll any misses, which aircraft
>don't!
>
> Sean Smith

I agree. In addition, interceptors have the advantage that they can cover
the entire battlefield, and flak is restricted by mobility and range.
However, flak tanks can be used as regular armour in a pinch - the hydra
has firepower and assault equal to a leman russ (albeit with shorter range,
less armour, and slower...).

Troy Routley